Friday, October 27, 2017

Currently Reading Tag

Hello! I just read this fun Currently Reading Tag post on a blog I follow (Howling Libraries) and thought to myself, "Why not?" :) I wasn't tagged, and I won't be tagging anybody else to do this, but if you'd like to, feel free! :)

 

How many books do you usually read at once?

I usually have one audiobook on the go (in the car), and one physical book, or two physicals.  I sometimes read two physical books as well as the audiobook, but that is, admittedly, a bit much for me. I try to make sure that, when I'm doing that, the books are different enough, but I still tend to get the story lines tangled up. So two is my max.

If you're reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?

Well, with the audiobooks, I listen to them whenever I am driving, so 40-60 minutes/day during the week naught on weekends, and then read the physical book on breaks at work and in free time at home (and usually quite a bit on the weekend). When I'm reading more than one physical, I usually read 1-2 chapters of each in a sitting, at least when I'm starting them. After I get into them, I might give a little more attention to the less-interesting one to ensure that I actually finish it.

Do you ever switch bookmarks while you're partway through a book?

I'm gonna say no? Although... sometimes, with hardcovers, I will start out using the dust jacket as a bookmark, and then switch to a real bookmark after a while - does that count? Also, I'm going to stop using fun bookmarks with library books because I accidentally left a cute magnetic book in a book I returned, that was an interlibrary exchange, so no real chance of a return. *sigh* Random (Unanticipated) Act of Kindness?

Where do you keep the book(s) you're currently reading?

With me? Haha. When I'm at work: on the side of my desk. When I'm at home: on my bedside table, I guess? Wherever I am, really.

What time of day do you spend the most time reading?

In the evening. Often an hour before supper, and an hour or two right before bed.

How long do you typically read in one sitting?

I don't really count, or aim for a certain number of minutes, I mostly just think, "I'm going to read now," and read until I'm interrupted. *shrug*

Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?

Usually on. I only really take them off if they move around a lot or are getting damaged.

What position do you mainly use to read?

Sitting with my legs curled up is my preferred position, but I probably read most in a normal sitting position. I find it pretty uncomfortable to read lying down, and my bed is really not a comfy reading spot, but I do it anyway.

Do you take the book you're currently reading with you everywhere you go?

Well, not everywhere. I'll often take it to work with me to read on breaks. I will sometimes take it when going on family outings, to read in the car, but I get carsick pretty easy, so that doesn't happen much.

How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you're currently reading?

I try to update Goodreads with my page number every day, when I put the book down for the night. And definitely as soon as I've finished a book, I'll update Goodreads. I don't update my progress with audiobooks because I'm not really sure how to?


So, that's all. If you want to do the tag, feel free! Maybe let me know in the comments so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment